Director of Game Development
As Director, Game Development at Nickelodeon, Nate will share his experience and knowledge of HTML5 and cross platform game development. His session will cover HTML5 game development, game distribution, business models and strategies for gaming content.
Nate Altschul is currently the Director of Game Development at Nickelodeon, where he is responsible for the development of 100+ games annually across a variety of platforms. A game industry veteran, he has been developing casual games, multiplayer games (MMO), and virtual worlds for over 15 years. His award-winning work spans past clients that include Nike, Leapfrog, MLB, Neopets, PBS, Wrigley, and Discovery Channel. And games developed at Nickelodeon games (such as, PetPet Park and Nicktropolis) won 4 Webby Awards and 2 Parents’ Choice Awards. He currently has 2 patents pending for game-related inventions. A graduate of UC Berkeley, he has lived in New York City since 2004, where he founded the HTML5 Games Group and the Cross-Platform Games Group.
Learn it all at DevCon5
- HTML5’s capabilities, limitations and future potential
- How HTML5 can improve user experiences without Flash
- The impact of HTML5 beyond just video
- How to balance user demands with simplicity and power
- How to create delightful and sustainable user experiences with HTML5
- The impact of HTML5's universal experience on unique devices
- Gaming’s impact on HTML5
- How to develop a mobile web strategy based on HTML5
- HTML5’s impact on acquisition strategies
- How to enable browser security
- Who will win the browser wars