NYU Professor and Top Web and Mobile App Development Professional Hosts In-depth Training
Norwalk, CT—March 22, 2016—TMC (News - Alert) and Crossfire Media announced today the addition of the Android Tutorial to DevCon5 Web & Mobile App Developer Conference at the Kimmel Center at New York University (NYU), August 1-4, 2016, in New York, N.Y. The tutorial will take place Thurs., August 4 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will be hosted by Mark Meretzky, Adjunct Associate Professor of Information Technologies at NYU. The DevCon5 conference program is built for all developers, whether they are deep in the Apple (News - Alert) world, delivering user experiences with Android/Chrome or managing app/web portals for a corporation.
“The larger more diverse ecosystem belongs to Android (News - Alert). Enabling developers in the Android ecosystem world requires a larger commitment to self manage and develop in a manner that assures quality assurance,” said Carl Ford (News - Alert), CEO, Crossfire Media, executive director of content for DevCon5. “We are delighted to have Mark Meretzky guide our tutorial and help companies build solutions that are durable and designed for the future.”
The full-day tutorial focuses on writing Android apps in the languages Java and XML, using the Android Studio IDE on Mac, PC, or Linux. An Android app is made of intercommunicating objects, and attendees will learn to create them, destroy them and to call their methods in Java.
- 9:00 a.m. - XML, Nested Elements and Attribute Values- This session focuses on XML, as well as nested elements and attribute values. Attendees will explore the XML files that contain the apps “resources”; string data.
- 10:00 a.m. - Getting Started: Writing a Simple App- This session looks at the methods that are called when the app is created and destroyed. Attendees will write a simple app which will draw static text and graphics when the app is created and displayed, but which will not move or respond to a touch.
- 11:00 a.m. - Touch Sensitive Apps- In this session attendees will create a touch-sensitive app that will illustrate the most important type of connection between the Java objects in an Android app.
- 1:00 p.m. - Moving From Buttons to Touch- Instead of limiting the sensitivity to a button or keyboard this session will move on to show how to make the entire screen touch sensitive. This will lead to moving a graphic in response to a touch or swipe.
- 2:00 p.m. - Animation- Attendees will make a simple animation, i.e., a graphic that moves under its own power without having to be dragged around by a finger. There are several ways to do this; attendees will use the Java class ViewPropertyAnimator.
- 3:00 p.m. - Getting App to Recognize Higher Level Gestures – This session will focus on how an app can get the low-level x, y coordinates of the point where a finger touches the screen as well as recognizing higher-level gestures such as a horizontal vs. vertical swipe, single vs. double tap, and pinch vs. spread.
Registration for the Android Tutorial at DevCon5 is now open. For more information, contact Frank Coppola at 203-852-6800 x131. For media registration, contact Jessica Seabrook. Companies interested in exhibiting, sponsorship or advertising packages should contact Joe Fabiano at 203.852.6800 ext. 132.
For the latest DevCon5 news, updates and information, follow the event on Twitter (News - Alert) at @DevConFive
Global buyers rely on TMC’s content-driven marketplaces to make purchase decisions and navigate markets. This presents branding, thought leadership and lead generation opportunities for vendors/sellers.
- Unique, turnkey Online Communities boost search results, establish market validation, elevate brands and thought leadership, while minimizing ad-blocking.
- Custom Lead Programs uncover sales opportunities and build databases.
- In-Person and Online Events boost brands, enhance thought leadership and generate leads.
- Publications, Display Advertising and Newsletters bolster brand reputations.
- Custom Content provides expertly ghost-crafted blogs, press releases, articles and marketing collateral to help with SEO, branding, and overall marketing efforts.
- Comprehensive Event and Road Show Management Services help companies meet potential clients and generate leads face-to-face.
For more information about TMC and to learn how we can help you reach your marketing goals, please visit www.tmcnet.com.
About Crossfire Media
Crossfire Media is an integrated marketing company with a core focus on future trends in technology. We service communities of interest with conferences, tradeshows, webinars and newsletters. Crossfire Media has a partnership with Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) to produce events and websites related to disruptive technologies. Crossfire Media is a division of Crossfire Consulting, a full service Information Technology company based in New York.
Media and Analyst Contact:
Jessica Seabrook | Marketing Director
203.852.6800 ext. 170 | email@example.com
Edited by Stefania Viscusi